Game Suspended In Selkirk

The Swan Valley Stampeders set out for a two game road trip this weekend with stops in Selkirk Friday October 19th and Winnipeg Saturday October 20th.

The 7-2-1 Stampeders were looking to pick up their second road win of the year as they faced off against the Steelers at the Selkirk Recreational Complex.

Despite several chances early on in tonight’s contest it was the Selkirk Steelers who opened the scoring. Connor Barley received an outlet pass from Eric Krywy and skated down the left side sending a wrist shot on net that handcuffed Michael Davis at 6:39.  Justin Svenson replied for the Stampeders on the power play at 11:16 as Kasyn Kruse found him wide open in the slot and he buried his third of the year past a stretched out Hunter Young.  The Steelers regained the lead with fifty six seconds remaining in the opening frame as Ryan Sokoloski found a wide open Brett Namaka in the high slot and scored into an empty net. The opening frame closed out with the Steelers leading 2-1 and the shots 17-10 in favour of the Stampeders.

The Steelers kept the throttle on to open up the second period as Natt Halvorsen entered the zone and sent a wrister on net that beat Michael Davis blocker side at 1:38. Josh Tripp pulled the Stampeders within one three minutes later as he stripped the Selkik forward of the puck turned up ice and beat Hunter Young on a short handed breakaway. Matt Osadick tied the game on the power play as he sent a slap shot on net from the point at 6:08 of the middle frame. Play resumed until the 9:27 mark of the second period where an ice issue was discovered that could not be fixed. “The game has been postponed due to  poor ice conditions that could not be resolved” said  Head Scout and Director of Player Personnel Darren Webster. “It will now be up to the league to decide on what happens with the remainder of the game”.

The Stampeders will be regroup and continue their road swing tomorrow night in Winnipeg against the Blues. Puck drop is set for 7:00pm.