Swan River, MB. – The Swan Valley Stampeders dropped their third straight game, losing 5-2 to the Waywayseecappo Wolverines Saturday night. The loss also sees the Stampeders fall out the bottom of the MGEU West Division playoff picture.
The Stampeders offence was led by Justin Keck (1G) and Josh Danis (1G) while Kobe Grant stopped 27/32 shots he faced in the loss.
The Wolverines were able to strike first in tonight’s contest, scoring with 1:59 remaining in the first period. The Stampeders answered back as Justin Keck pushed his point streak to six games, scoring his 22nd of the season 34 seconds later.
The middle frame was all Waywayseecappo, scoring three straight goals to lead 4-1 before the 10 minute mark of the period. Nolan Grier collected his 15th of the season at 3:48, Ben Roulette scored his fourth less than 30 seconds later and Sean Williams added his sixth of the year at 9:43.
Guerin Apperley added his third of the year, giving his team a commanding 5-1 lead just past the midway mark of the third period. Josh Danis collected his fifth of the year at 17:52 but it wasn’t enough and the Stampeders have now lost three straight.
Final Shots on Goal
Swan Valley – 24
Waywayseecappo – 34
- Collin Jennings served game one of his two game suspension for a major goaltender interference penalty that took place Friday Feb. 10.
- Justin Keck extends his point streak to six games (4G, 5A), during that span.
The Stampeders will head home and get ready for the Neepawa Titans Wednesday Feb. 15 at the Centennial Arena. A game presented by RBC. Tickets can be purchased online at stampedershockey.com, on the Stampeder app or at the door.
Upcoming home games to note
- Wednesday, Feb. 15 – RBC game night.
- Wednesday, Feb. 22 – ACE Real Estate game night.
- Friday, Feb. 24 – Dufresne game night.
- Saturday, Feb. 25 – Billet Appreciation night. Taylor School Choir performing the national anthem.