The Swan Valley Stampeders are excited for the 2020-21 season, which is set to start with a pre-season home game on Friday, Oct. 2 and the regular season home opener on Saturday, Oct. 10.
Due to COVID-19, this season will look different than others and the safety of our players and fans is priority for the Stampeders, the facility and the MJHL. For this reason the league has shortened the season to 40 games – 20 at home and 20 on the road. These games are primarily held on Fridays and Saturdays with the odd weekday game and several breaks throughout the year. Home game time has also been changed to 7 p.m..
To ensure a safe environment for the whole family the MJHL has implemented Return-to-Play guidelines approved by the province of Manitoba which all teams will follow. We will also be adhering to the guidelines set out by the Town of Swan River for the Centennial Arena. This includes a maximum 50 percent capacity (500 fans) for games, sanitization stations and a mandatory mask requirement at all times.
You can read more about the MJHL’s return to play protocol here. https://www.mjhlhockey.ca/mjhl-announces-return-to-hockey-for-2020-21
Because seating at home games will be limited we have implemented the following:
- Only season ticket holders will be guaranteed entrance. This does not include flex pack holders.
- If you have reserved a flex pass but would like to switch to a season ticket please let our Director of Marketing Cody Manchester (204.281.2765) know.
- Season tickets will be available for purchase and pickup during the Oct. 2 exhibition game or from the Swan Valley Star and Times at 704 Main Street (between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays) Starting Oct. 5.
- Season tickets can also be purchased online at stampedershockey.com starting Sept. 28
- Reserved seating is available for those who choose that option
- Flex pack and walk-up ticket purchasers will be handled on a first come, first served basis following rush seating practices. Once reserve capacity has been reached, all but season ticket holders will be turned away.
- Non-game specific tickets will be available in advance at Patty’s Sports Excellence, online at stampedershockey.com or at the ticket window on game day
- Doors and ticket window will be open 45 minutes before puck drop. We encourage you to come early to make sure you get your seat.
- The ‘warm room’ at the north end of the ice will be open by reservation only to create a safe space for those who require it. This does not include the lounge/bar side that will operate with its own limitations/restrictions.
- A pass, obtained at the ticket counter, will be required to access this space
- No children will be permitted unless accompanied by an adult with a pass
- Fans (over the age of 9) are required to wear masks in the arena at all times as physical distancing may not be possible
- Fans are also encouraged to sit socially distanced from people outside their household wherever possible
- Fans (including children) will be asked to remain seated during the game unless going to the washroom or concessions and to not socialize in the lobby between periods
- All fans must use the self-assessment tool prior to attending games and if feeling unwell please stay home
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I take off my mask when I am in my seat?
No, when you sit down to watch the game you must keep your mask on as per Centennial Arena policy.
Where can I buy a mask?
Reusable team branded masks are available to purchase at The Stall.
Can I still buy season tickets?
Yes, season tickets and flex packs of 10 or 20 tickets are available at Patty’s Sports Excellence or online at stampedershockey.com starting Sept. 28.
Please note that the situation with COVID-19 continues to be fluid and rules and restrictions are subject to change at any time.
If you have any questions please contact Stampeders President Cramer Coulthart at 204.281.4255.
Thank you for your cooperation and we look forward to an exciting season of Stampeder hockey.