Swan River, MB. – The Swan Valley Stampeders pushed their win streak to four games with a 4-0 win in Selkirk Saturday night. The win brings the teams record to 31-16-5-1, good enough for first place in the MGEU West Division, three points up on the Virden Oil Capitals.
The Stampeders offence was led by Landen Gulutzan (1G, 1A), Trey Sauder, Noah Wilson and Alex Walicki all collected a goal while Kobe Grant stopped all 28 shots he faced, earning his third shutout of the season and 23rd win of the year.
The boys have been a wagon as of late, winning their last four straight and eight out their last 10.
The Stampeders cashed in on a power play to open the scoring Saturday night in Selkirk. Trey Sauder was Johnny on the spot, snapping home his 23rd of the season at 9:36 of the first period.
Alex Walicki continued the party with his 10th of the season, depositing a rebound at 12:46 of the second period. Noah Wilson also cleaned up the garbage in front, scoring his 13th of the season five minutes later. Landen Gulutzan was sent in on a short-handed breakaway on an unreal pass by Myles Mason, and he scored with 13 seconds left in the middle frame giving his team a 4-0 lead.
From there, it was the Kobe Grant show. The 20-year-old Vernon, BC product stopped all 28 shots he faced, including 12 in the third period, to earn his third shutout of the year.
Final Shots on Goal
Stampeders – 28
Selkirk – 28
- Stampeders push win streak to four games, eight out of their last 10.
- Jakob Jones pushed his point streak to six games (6G, 7A).
- Kobe Grant stopped all 28 shots for his third shutout of the season and 23rd win of the year.
The Stampeders will head home and get ready for a busy week. Swan welcomes Neepawa to town Wednesday, Mar. 8 (7:00pm), Steinbach Friday, Mar. 10 (7:00pm), and Niverville Saturday, Mar. 11 (7:00pm). Tickets for all three games can be purchased online at stampedershockey.com, through our app or at the door.
Upcoming home games to note
- Wednesday Mar. 8 – 7:00pm vs Neepawa – Pizza Place game night
- Friday Mar. 10 – 7:00pm vs Steinbach – Original 16 game night
- Saturday Mar. 11 – 7:00pm vs Niverville – Special Olympics game night
- Friday Mar. 17 – 7:00pm vs Virden – MGEU game night