Swan River, MB. – The Swan Valley Stampeders pushed their win streak to five games and punched their ticket to the 2023 MJHL Playoffs with a 5-2 win over the Neepawa Titans Wednesday night.
The Stampeders offence was led by Justin Keck (2G, 1A), Steven Arp (2G), Adam Rajsigl (1G, 1A) while Kobe Grant stopped all 34/36 shots he faced, earning his 24th win of the year.
The Stampeders used home ice advantage to gain the games first goal. Justin Keck used his speed to enter the zone, dropped the puck to Adam Rajsigl who snapped home his 12th of the season 8:23 into the game. Justin Keck collected his 29th of the season three minutes later, redirecting home a pass from Trey Sauder on the power play. Hayden Stocks answered back for the Titans three minutes later, scoring a power play goal of their own.
Justin Keck added to his point total Wednesday night, driving through the offensive zone and ripping home his second of the game at the 14 minute mark of the middle frame.
Steven Arp picked up his 10th and 11th goals of the year, scoring two highlight reel goals four minutes apart. Cameron Trimble used a power play to collect his 11th of the season but it wasn’t enough as Kobe Grant shut the door, and the Stampeders became the first team from the West Division to clinch a playoff spot with a 5-2 win.
Final Shots on Goal
Titans – 36
Swan Valley – 35
- Stampeders push win streak to five games, first team in the MGEU West Division to clinch a playoff berth.
- Jakob Jones pushed his point streak to seven games.
- Kobe Grant stopped all 28 shots for his third shutout of the season and 23rd win of the year.
The Stampeders have a day off to reset and get ready for the incoming Steinbach Pistons Friday night at the Centennial Arena. Proudly presented by Original 16. Puck drop is set for 7:00 p.m..
Upcoming home games to note
- Friday Mar. 10 – 7:00pm vs Steinbach – Original 16 game night
- Saturday Mar. 11 – 7:00pm vs Niverville – Special Olympics game night
- Friday Mar. 17 – 7:00pm vs Virden – MGEU game night