Winkler, MB. – The Swan Valley Stampeders extended their win streak to three games with a 3-0 win Sunday afternoon in Winkler.
The Stampeders offence was led by Landen Gulutzan (1G,1A), Trey Sauder (1G, 1A) and Warren Marcotte while Kobe Grant stopped all 47 shots he faced, earning his second shutout of the season and 18th win of the year.
The first period today wasn’t the Stampeders best period of the week, allowing 22 shots against. Kobe Grant stole the show, putting on a clinic and keeping his team in the game through 20 minutes of play.
The Stampeders came out flying in the middle frame, scoring three straight goals. Trey Sauder kick-started the offence, scoring his 20th of the season using his body to deflect one past Aiden Comeau at 2:09. Landen Gulutzan scored his fourth of the year, wiring one past the Winkler goaltender a minute and a half later to take a 2-0 lead. Warren Marcotte cleaned up a rebound at 14:44 and the Stampeders held a comfortable 3-0 lead heading into the third and final period.
Winkler sent everything but the kitchen sink at net but Grant couldn’t be solved. The 20-year-old goaltender from Vernon, BC was lights out stopping all 47 shots he faced this afternoon. The win propels them into second place in the MGEU West Division for the time being. Waywayseecappo, Virden and OCN play games Sunday night and could rearrange the standings once again.
Final Shots on Goal
Swan Valley – 28
Winkler – 47
- Stampeders push win streak to three games.
- Kobe Grant stopped all 47 shots he faced for his second shutout of the season and 18th win of the year.
The Stampeders will head home and get ready for a mid-week game against the OCN Blizzard Wednesday, Feb. 22. A game proudly presented by ACE Real Estate & Insurance Services.
Tickets can be purchased online at stampedershockey.com, through our app or at the door.
Upcoming home games to note
- Wednesday, Feb. 22 – ACE Real Estate game night.
- The Swan Valley Stampeders will be wearing their Hockey is for Everyone jerseys one last time Wednesday Feb. 22 at home against the OCN Blizzard. The jerseys will then be auctioned off online. Stay tuned for further details on how you can place your bids. #HIFE #StampederHockey
- Friday, Feb. 24 – Dufresne game night.
- Saturday, Feb. 25 – Billet Appreciation night. Taylor School Choir performing the national anthem.
- Wednesday Mar. 1 – 12:30pm vs Dauphin – Kids game