Swan River, MB. – The Swan Valley Stampeders dropped their fifth straight game Sunday night in Waywayseecappo, losing 2-1 to the Wolverines.
The Stampeders offence was led by Adam Rajsigl (1G), while Kobe Grant stopped 27/29 shots he faced in the loss.
The playoff style game was another low scoring affair, as both goaltenders put on a clinic at the Waywayseecappo Arena Complex. Lucas Eagle opened the scoring for the Wolverines, sending a shot on net that beat Grant at the 10:21of the first period. Adam Rajsigl tied the game less than three minutes later, collecting his seventh of the season, and finally beating Tresor Wotton.
Carson Baptiste stripped the puck from Warren Marcotte off the opening face-off, skated in all alone and scored six seconds into the third period to give the Wolverines a 2-1 lead. Tresor Wotton stopped everything sent his way to help his team to victory Sunday night.
Final Shots on Goal
Stampeders – 31
Wolverines – 29
- The Stampeders have now lost five straight games, and dropped to fourth in the MGEU West Division.
- Kobe Grant has turned aside 53/56 shots he faced in the home-and-home series.
- First time this season the Stampeders have allowed less than 35 shots against in back-to-back games.
- Dakota Mason served his one game suspension (Swan Valley Stampeders Assistant Coach Dakota Mason has been suspended one (1) game as a result of his game misconduct penalty. The incident occurred in a game between the Waywayseecappo Wolverines and Swan Valley Stampeders on January 7th, in Swan Valley.)
- Stampeder defenceman Owen Harris served game 2/3 of his suspension (Swan Valley Stampeders Owen Harris D (2004) has been suspended three (3) games as per the CJHL minimum suspension guidelines regarding staged fights. The incident occurred in a game between the Swan Valley Stampeders and OCN Blizzard on December 17th, in Swan Valley).
The Stampeders will head home and get set for the Dauphin Kings Wednesday Jan. 11 at the Centennial Arena. A game proudly presented by Sapotaweyak Gas Bar & Convenience Store.
Tickets are available online at Stampedershockey.com, through our app or at the door.
Puck drop is set for 7:00 p.m..